Date(s) - 26/01/2018
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Fitzwilliam Museum
Trainer: Dave Goss, NRAC
All museums need to have regard to their visitors’ needs. This practical course will enable key museum personnel to understand the process involved in an Access Audit and to undertake an Access Audit, which will be used to inform their Access Policy, meeting the standards required of the Museums Accreditation Scheme.
The session will explain what an Access Audit is and give trainees the opportunity to conduct an in situ Access Audit.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have a greater understanding about how to undertake an Access Audit of their Museum
- Understand how the law and relevant guidance combine to inform the detail of an Access Audit
- Have gained on-site experience of identifying barriers to disabled visitors
- Understand the concept of reasonable adjustments
- Have seen clear examples of good and bad physical access
- Have seen clear examples of accessible exhibiting and interpretation