Date(s) - 18/06/2016
10:00 am - 2:30 pm
09.45am – Arrivals
10am – An Introduction to Customer Service
Trainer: Helen Brown, Library Manager, Norfolk Library and Information Service
Do you want to know the secrets of excellent customer service? Do you want to understand more about how staff and volunteers can ensure visitors have the best possible experience at your museum? This short, introductory session will offer practical guidance and support about how to deliver superb customer service. The session will be tailored to suit participants’ needs but will cover items such as:
- What is customer service
- Who are our visitors and what would good service look like to them
- Attitude and approach to customer service e.g. creating a good first impression, understanding body language, how to deal with queries and ask the right questions
- What problems might our visitors might encounter and how should we deal with them
- Creating happy customers out of complaints
This course is aimed at anyone who would like to develop or improve customer service skills. Participants do not need any prior knowledge of customer service.
12pm – Lunch
12.30pm – An Introduction to Peer-to-Peer Mentoring
Trainer: Katrina Siliprandi, Museum Learning Development Consultant
Do you want to understand how peer-to-peer mentoring could help develop your practice and the practice of your colleagues? Do you want to know how you can be both a mentor and mentee to colleagues? This short, introductory session will offer practical guidance and support about how to develop and carry out informal mentoring relationships with peers. The session will be tailored to suit participants’ needs but will cover items such as:
- What an informal peer-to-peer mentoring relationship might look like
- How to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism and use it to improve practice
- How to listen actively and ask open questions
- How peer-to-peer mentoring can empower staff and volunteers
This course is aimed at anyone who would like to learn more about peer-to-peer mentoring. Participants do not need any prior knowledge of mentoring, and do not need to currently be in a mentoring relationship.
If you would like to attend either or both of the above sessions, please contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.