Awareness, Engagement & Impact: Marketing to Drive Fundraising and Income Generation – a SHARED Enterprise Event
Date(s) - 25/11/2015
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Awareness, engagement and impact: Marketing to drive fundraising and income generation – a SHARED Enterprise event
Trainers/Facilitators: Christina Lister (Marketing and Communications Consultant)
This course is a revised version of one held in Norwich in March 2015 under the title, ‘Not Another Leaflet!’. By popular demand, we are pleased to be able to offer it again for the benefit of anyone who missed the first course. Aimed at anyone with responsibility for fundraising, marketing and promotion, the training will focus on marketing to support fundraising and income generation. The course will also benefit anyone interested in learning more about marketing planning generally. The course will include a range of real and current case studies, exercises and discussions.
The day will cover:
- An overview of a range of marketing activities including advertising, press releases, digital marketing, social media, stakeholder relations
- How to plan a basic marketing campaign to support a fundraising appeal or boost income
- Clarifying your proposition and how you can appeal to audience and visitor motivations and interests
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have improved their understanding of how marketing supports fundraising and income generation.
- Know more about the range of different marketing tools and activities and when to use them.
- Have a framework for how to plan a basic marketing campaign, know how to use it and have had practical experience of doing this in a group exercise
- Understand what to say, and how and where to say it, to actively engage people / potential supporters and meet your objectives
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
SHARED Enterprise is an HLF-funded project developing business minded museums in the East of England. The range of training activities is designed to improve museums’ fundraising and income generation skills, covering topics including successful applications to trusts and foundations, individual giving, legacies, digital fundraising, friends groups, governance, commercial operations and corporate partnerships.
On the strength of the success of our first year, the Heritage Lottery Fund has kindly agreed to extend the life of SHARED Enterprise, to finish in January 2017 instead of June 2016. This means we are able to offer additional training activities during 2015-16. We are in the process of planning these additional events, so please check back soon to see what’s new.
Bookings are closed for this event.