Date(s) - 20/10/2015
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Trainers: The SHARE Costume & Textile Network
This practical session from the SHARE Costume & Textile Network is ideal for any museum staff and volunteers involved with the care of costume and textile collections.
- learn how to identify, categorise, assess and pack costume using practical auditing techniques
- be introduced to the ICOM costume classification system
- have hands-on training on assessing objects for storage using items from Chelmsford Museum’s costume and textile collections
- receive useful handouts including costume classification guidance
By the end of the course, participants will have the confidence and practical skills to assess their own costume and textile collections.
What people are saying about training from the SHARE Costume & Textile Network:
“Good practical exercises as well as accompanying explanation. Useful handouts.”
“One of the best SHARE courses I’ve been on.”
“The practical nature of the session was interesting and really helped us understand the principles being taught.”
– participants on Mounting & Displaying Costume, September 2014
Morning refreshments will be provided, but please make your own arrangements for lunch.
Please note: Due to the limited number of places available on this course, for the time being we are only able to confirm one place per museum. If you would like to request a second place, please do fill in the booking form and leave a note in the “comments” box, and we will be in touch if additional places are available closer to the date.
This event is fully booked.