Date(s) - 21/10/2014
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Trainer: Jayne Austin, Development Manager, Colchester & Ipswich Museum Service
For anyone struggling with a mountain of documentation needs this course will offer practical guidance and support, providing participants with the means to make a start. The day will include a scenario based exercise framing the issues, a sharing of challenges and concerns, and the creation of a personalised action template that will be of valuable practical use in the workplace.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have fully considered the documentation issues that face museums and what can be done about them
- Be able to identify and understand the gaps in their collection documentation
- Have prioritised actions necessary to tackle these gaps
- Have completed a strategic planning template, providing a practical approach to managing their own documentation backlog with other staff and volunteers
- Feel more confident and empowered to take action
This course is aimed at staff with responsibility for managing museum documentation. Participants must have some current knowledge of the documentation issues their museum faces, and ideally have some understanding of the SPECTRUM standard or have previously attended Keeping A Record: The Essentials of Museum Documentation.
This event is fully booked.