Date(s) - 20/03/2014
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Julie Cole (Museum Management Consultant, JMC Consultancy)
Supports work towards Accreditation Standard 1.2
This workshop, developed for SHARE Museums East by museum management consultant Julie Cole, will discuss the new charitable legal structure, Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), and how it can benefit your museum.
It is ideal for museums that are:
- Considering registration with the Charity Commission, or
- Registered as a trust with the Charity Commission and trustees are concerned about trustee liability, or
- Registered with the Charity Commission and Companies House as a company limited by guarantee and trustees are looking to simplify their statutory reporting responsibilities.
The workshop will help current and potential trustees understand the pros and cons of incorporation and the different options available, clarify the setup or conversion process through real-life case studies, and better understand the HLF’s perspective on the different legal structures.
Participants can expect to:
- Get a better understanding of the Board’s and trustee responsibilities in a changing legal environment
- Be more confident in identifying and tackling governance/management issues
- Get a better understanding of how the HLF consider legal structure and governance as part of their application assessment
- Have started an action plan to strength their museum’s governance
Morning refreshments will be provided, but please make your own arrangements for lunch.
Bookings are closed for this event.