Date(s) - 19/04/2016
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Fitzwilliam Museum
This SHARED Enterprise seminar is recommended for museum managers, staff and volunteers interested in developing partnerships with local business.
Speakers will include:
- Michael Woodward, Chief Operating Officer, York Museums Trust
- John Lanagan, Chief Executive, Museum of East Anglian Life
- Caitlin Griffiths, The Museum Consultancy
Developing effective relationships and partnerships with local businesses is a key way that museums can support their efforts to become more entrepreneurial and form stronger links with their local communities, making them more resilient. However this area of work is often one that museums find difficult to approach.
For the last year 6 museums have been exploring the possibilities, and working towards, developing relationships and partnerships with businesses. This one day seminar is an opportunity for participating museums to share the insights they have gained through participating in this programme, and showcase the range of projects they have been developing with businesses and other partners. Delegates will get a chance to hear about the challenges that the museums have faced whilst trying to develop these projects, and the successful outcomes that have been achieved.
Through workshops and discussions the one day seminar will also provide an opportunity for delegates to begin to consider how they might take forward work to develop relationships and partnerships with businesses.
As a result of attending the seminar delegates:
- Will have a better understanding of the potential to develop better relationships and partnerships with local businesses, and of adopting more entrepreneurial ways of working
- Will have had the opportunity to hear about several examples where museums have taken forward work in this area
- Will have begun to scope out the possibilities open to them to develop relationships and partnerships
Bookings are closed for this event.