Date(s) - 04/03/2015
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
Trainers: Jon Maxwell, Design & Technical Manager, Norfolk Museums Service, and the NMS display team
The museum and designer relationship can become strained with misunderstanding. This seminar is for anyone museum staff involved in the process of commissioning and working with external exhibition designers.
Jon Maxwell and his team bring their experience of developing productive designer relationships to this workshop. Using real case examples and practical scenario exercises they will be sharing their tips for:
- Developing a clear designer brief
- Ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities at the start of a project
- Agreeing and developing design concepts with the help of mood boards and other media
- Managing changing priorities in the process of the work
- Examining where and why things can go wrong
- Working to time and to budget
There will also be time for participants to bring their own questions or ideas and discuss them with the group.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Feel more confident in constructing a designer’s brief
- Understand how to agree realistic expectations with the designer and ensure clarity of role
- Have considered how to develop and agree design concepts
- Have examined common pitfalls and misunderstandings of the designer relationship and how to minimise their potential impact
- Be more certain when dealing with timings, budgets and managing the end of a design project.
Morning refreshments will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.