Date(s) - 04/05/2017
9:45 am - 1:00 pm
Rayleigh Town Museum
Trainer: Sarah Brown, Outreach Officer, Collections Trust
Get some practical advice on which collections management system is appropriate for your museum. Suitable for museum volunteers, staff and trustees. The session will cover:
- What is a Collections Management System (CMS) and why are they useful?
- Different user needs
- Key features
- Pros and Cons of DIY vs. off the shelf
- A chance to share and discuss your existing CMS
- A brief Introduction to SPECTRUM 5.0
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have a better understanding of what a Collections Management System is and how it can help with your work.
- Be more confident about what things to take into account when comparing different CMS
- Possible improvements that could be made to your existing systems
Refreshments will be provided, but please make your own arrangements for lunch.