Date(s) - 07/02/2018
9:45 am - 4:30 pm
A one day very practical workshop to equip managers / co-ordinators / leaders with the skills and knowledge in how best to mentor and coach others either within their organisation, or others within their wider professional role.
The workshop will include:
- Defining mentoring and coaching – the differences and similarities
- Deciding who to mentor/coach
- Establishing the mentoring/coaching relationship
- Setting goals using a variety of methods and approaches
- Models/resources for your tool kit
By the end of this workshop, you will
- Be clearer about the differences and similarities within mentoring and coaching
- Have identified specific occasions when to use specific skills and techniques
- Have tapped into a well of resources to draw upon
“The best coaches and mentors bring their experiences of life and combine them with specific skills to assist in effective 1:1 work with others.” Megginson & Clutterbuck
Christine Laverock is an experienced independent trainer and consultant and has been running training courses for a range of organisations since 1980. Her main areas of expertise are: Management, Leadership and Communication.
- advises organisations on training and development needs,
- facilitates staff and management awaydays,
- is a mentor/coach to senior managers
She has a professional training qualification with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, is a member of the ILM who accredit her courses, and is also a member of the Association for Coaching and theEuropean Mentoring and Coaching Council.
Refreshments will be provided (more details to be confirmed.)