Date(s) - 11/07/2014
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Bury Record Office
Trainer: Robert Entwistle, Senior Conservation Officer, Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service
Please note: this course has been organised by Suffolk’s Museum Development Manager for new museum trainees in the county. Please be aware that as such, the course will be aimed at new starters in the museum sector – or those wanting to refresh their skills and knowledge. The majority of places have already been allocated to trainees, but we are very pleased to be able to offer the remaining few places to the wider SHARE community.
This course will cover:
- Agents of Decay
- Basics of Environmental Control
- Control of Lux and UV light
- Basics of safe storage
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the agents of decay
- Understand the importance of the environment and its relevance to collections care.
- Identify and understand the basics of museum pest control.
- Understand the importance of safe storage and the materials used for storage.
Candidates will also have explored the basic recording methods and how to control the museum environment.
Bookings are closed for this event.