Date(s) - 07/11/2014
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Fitzwilliam Museum
A SHARE opportunity to get professional and financial support to help you undertake a review and/or rationalisation project, with Vanessa Trevelyan (Former Director, Norfolk Museums Service) and Jamie Everitt (Collections Development Manager, Norfolk Museums Service)
Undertaking a review of your collections can be a daunting task. This training and grant opportunity is aimed at all sizes of museum who:
- are considering a review or rationalisation project
- would like to know the true significance of their own collections
- need to focus scarce resources on key collections
- planning a store move
- just want to know more.
By the end of the session you will:
- Have learned about the basic methodologies and processes for reviewing museum collections, including significance assessments
- Have heard about review in practice, including examples of outcomes
- Understand what to do after carrying out your review, including the basics of rationalising collections
- Have started to develop plans for reviewing your own collections
- Be eligible for a support grant of up to £1000
- Understand how to apply for the grant
The grant forms will be made available on the day, or you can download an electronic copy below.
The deadline for completed applications will be November 21st.
Participants can use the grant to pay for:
- a consultant or specialist of their choice
- temporary storage
- transport costs for re-homing objects
- anything else that will help them in their review
For more information please contact Simon Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01603 638141.
NB: SHARING ON – Successful grantees may be asked to support the sharing of learning which may, for example, be in the form of articles, blogs or contributions to future SHARE seminars and discussions
Bookings are closed for this event.