Date(s) - 11/10/2016
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Trainer – Christina Lister (marketing and communications consultant)
This session is for museum staff, trustees or volunteers who are involved or interested in running a museum’s website and/or marketing more generally. Participants will not be required to have experience in or knowledge of technical aspects such as how to build a website.
This workshop will cover how websites can be used in marketing a museum, connecting with your target audiences, increasing engagement and driving visits.
It will cover;
- Planning : including identifying your target audiences, developing a user-friendly approach and testing your ideas
- Content : developing your content, creating a home page with impact, how to write copy for websites , using images effectively, and accessibility issues
- Engagement : creating a mobile-friendly website, embedding social media and encouraging sharing
- Driving traffic : improving search engine optimisation, promoting your website and undertaking simple evaluation
- New websites : building the case for a new website, writing a brief for a new website and typical costs
By the end of the course participants will understand how to plan and develop a user-friendly and engaging website, take away a range of easy-to-implement ideas to make the best of their current website and know how to build a case for a new website and go about commissioning one.
Coffee and tea will be provided but please bring your own lunch.
Bookings are closed for this event.