Date(s) - 01/12/2015
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Museum of Cambridge
Trainer: Samantha Johns, Collections Documentation Officer, Norfolk Museums Service
An essential course for any member of the museum community who creates digital content, including (but not limited to) curators, documentation staff, collections managers, education and marketing staff.
The course will give an introduction to C.O.P.E., Norfolk Museum Service’s strategy for dealing with digital content, and discuss how to manage digital assets effectively. Delegates will learn the benefits of effective use and re-use of content, and the advantages of “the long game” – creating quality content that can be recycled, avoiding the need to start from scratch each time. The course will also explore the potential for collaboration.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have a greater awareness of the potential for the use of their content
- Have gained a better understanding of effective use of content
- Understand the importance of Digital Asset Management
- Be able to apply the C.O.P.E. strategy to their own organisation
- Have considered ways in which their own data can be repurposed for multiple platforms
- Understand future-proof creation of digital content and how it can be applied in their organisation
What people are saying about Create Once, Publish Everywhere:
“I found this to be a very informative session that addresses a lot of questions I had been considering beforehand. It was a very relaxed informal delivery which I found helpful.”
“Good practical ideas to take away and implement. Good impetus to move our museum on.” (Feedback forms, 2015)
Morning refreshments will be provided but please bring a packed lunch or make your own arrangements.
Please note: Due to the limited number of places available on this course, for the time being we are only able to confirm up to two places per museum. If you would like to request further places, please do fill in the booking form and leave a note in the “comments” box, and we will be in touch if additional places are available closer to the date.
This event is fully booked.