Date(s) - 06/01/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences
Trainers – Deborah Walton (UCM Regional Conservation Officer), Sarah Finney (Conservator, Department of Earth Sciences), Wayne Kett (Collections Development Assistant)
This session is aimed at museum and gallery staff and volunteers involved with the care of collections, and those who assist with deep cleans.
This is the second part of a 2-part course. Booking is required for both this event and the first event (click here to book). Free kits will be given to delegates on the completion of part 2.
The training will explore risk assessment and cleaning of objects in stores and galleries, selecting appropriate cleaning methods, health and safety standards, pest infestation and appropriate action, tracking object movement, and practical planning for different spaces.
By the end of the course participants will;
- Be able to create a realistic, prioritised plan for deep cleaning appropriate to their site
- Feel confident in meeting health and safety standards
- Be given a free deep cleaning starter kit
- Know where to access useful information and resources
- Feel confident about appropriate methods of cleaning different materials
Refreshments will be provided. Please make your own arrangements for lunch.
Booking for this event will go live from September 1st
This event is fully booked.