Date(s) - 20/10/2016
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Wymondham Heritage Museum
Trainer: Miranda Rowlands (SHARED Enterprise Project Officer at Norfolk Museums Service)
Both workshops are suitable for anybody considering trying digital fundraising (crowdfunding) or wanting to know more about legacy giving schemes. Museum volunteers, staff, managers and trustees are all welcome. No prior knowledge or experience is necessary.
These workshops are being presented on two different dates.
- 20th October at Wymondham Heritage Museum (This will be a Museums Norfolk event. Non-members may register for any spare places, but priority booking is for Museums Norfolk members)
- 14th November at British Schools Museum, Hitchin
|Digital Fundraising:Online fundraising is growing rapidly in the museums sector. This introductory workshop will explain how it works and what’s involved.
• What is crowdfunding?
• Different crowdfunding models
• Choosing a digital platform
• Running a successful campaign
• Top Tips from Nesta
There are a great many misconceptions about this area of fundraising. We will give you the facts, dispel some myths and challenge resistance to talk to people about leaving a gift in their will.
• Why promote legacy giving?
• Understanding the legal jargon
• Who is your target market?
. Marketing, cultivation and stewardship
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Booking for this event will go live from 1st September.
Bookings are closed for this event.