Date(s) - 16/11/2016
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Trainer – Sam Hunt (Museum Consultant)
This course is for all Trustees, museum staff and mentors involved in Accreditation applications or renewals. PLEASE NOTE We strongly recommend that museums send two delegates per organisation e.g. Chair of Trustees and Museum Manager, or Curator and Trustee.
The day will consist of;
- An introduction to the Forward Planning process – how to involve your staff, volunteers and stakeholders
- Meeting Accreditation requirements for Forward Plans
- How to develop a master plan and an action plan
- Case studies of successful processes in other museums
- Available resources, templates, case studies and other sources of help
By the end of the session, delegates will:
- Develop a forward plan that meets Accreditation needs and is fit for purpose for their museum
- Gain an understanding of the planning process and key steps
- Learn how forward planning can be used as an effective management tool to improve decision making and effective allocation of resources
- Know where and how to source advice and support, including grants for governance development, audience research etc.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Booking for this event will go live from September 1st
Bookings are closed for this event.