Date(s) - 08/02/2017
10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Stockwood Discovery Centre
Trainer: Deborah Walton, University of Cambridge Museums Regional Conservation Officer for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
This practical course will cover examination of objects, health and safety, materials and equipment. It will look at packing objects for moving and storage and what to do if an accident occurs.
- understand the reasons for care when handling and packing museum objects
- know how to assess and plan safe handling and packing for different types of objects, including large and heavy items
- have practiced handling techniques
- have explored a range of available materials
- have practiced packing techniques
- have tried planning a variety of scenarios involving object handling, packing and movement
Morning refreshments will be available but please make your own arrangements for lunch.
This event is fully booked.