Date(s) - 10/12/2014
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Supports work towards Accreditation standards: 2.4, 2.5, 2.6
Once again SHARE is offering places on this highly popular and informative course. The day will cover the basics of pest identification and prevention, information on the damage they cause and how to assess a pest problem.
There will also be a chance to take a look at “What’s Eating Your Collection?”, the pest tracking initiative from BMAG.
- be able to identify the main insect pests
- understand the life cycles of pests and what they eat
- identify environmental factors which encourage pests
- understand the need for monitoring and how trap results are used
- know the correct course of action to take when pests are found
- gain knowledge on how to develop an IPM programme in their own organisation
Morning refreshments will be available but please make your own arrangements for lunch.
Follow up this course with Integrated Pest Management Level 2 on 25th March 2014.
This event is fully booked.