Date(s) - 15/10/2014
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
Trainers: Nichola Johnson, former Director of The Sainsbury Centre and head of MA in Museology at the University of East Anglia Bridget Yates, Museums Association Monument Fellow and Former Curator of Gressenhall Rural Life Museum Introduction to Heritage is an intensive two-day version of our popular Understanding Museums course. The course will run over two consecutive days at two different venues: Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery and West Stow Anglo Saxon Village. The course will include individual and group exercises, as well as presentations from museum professionals. Full details will be available shortly, but the course will cover: Day One – 15th October, Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery, Norfolk
- The importance and meaning of objects and places
- An outline history of heritage and landscape conservation in England
- Funding and governance of England’s heritage organisations
Day Two – 16th October, West Stow Anglo Saxon Village, Suffolk
- Ethics and responsibility
- Working with and for others
- Telling stories, changing lives
Please use the form below to book. This will confirm your place on BOTH days.
The map above relates to the venue for Day One. You can find venue information for Day Two here.
Bookings are closed for this event.