Date(s) - 11/03/2015
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
The National Horseracing Museum
Trainer: Amy Cotterill, Essex MDO (@EssexMDO)
The week of March 23rd will see the return of the very popular #MuseumWeek on Twitter. Last year, #MuseumWeek gave Twitter users special access to more than 630 European museums and galleries. You can find out more in these two write ups from last year:
To support museums in making the most of #MuseumWeek, SHARE are offering two half-day training courses on Wednesday 11th March:
- An Introduction to Twitter for Absolute Beginners (AM)
- Preparing for #MuseumWeek (PM)
The morning will look at what Twitter is, the practical side of how to use it and get you set you on the road to using Twitter regularly in your museum.
The afternoon session is open to those who have attended the morning and anyone else who wants to make the most out of Museum Week. It will explore the different themed days, how you can use this as an opportunity to reach a wider audience and how to enthuse your colleagues about taking part.
Morning: Introduction to Twitter for Absolute Beginners (10am-12:30pm)
- What is Twitter?
- Should your museum be on Twitter?
- Getting started:
- “Who’s going to do it?”
- Planning content
- Picking a name
- Making Your Profile
- Writing a Tweet
- Images and linking to other material
- Features of Twitter: Hashtags, Retweeting, Mentioning, Direct Tweeting and Direct Messaging
- Basic Dos and Don’ts
Afternoon: Preparing for #MuseumWeek (1:30pm-3:30pm)
- Introduction to #MuseumWeek
- Daily themes – what do they mean?
- Getting colleagues involved
- Planning content for the week
- Making use of multiple platforms
- Scheduling your tweets
- Engaging your visitors
- Building on success – what to do when the week is over
Please use the form below to select either the morning or afternoon session, or the whole day.
Bookings are closed for this event.