Date(s) - 05/02/2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Farmland Museum & Denny Abbey
Emma Cook, Bedfordshire Museum Development Officer
This course provides an introduction to the basic principles of museum documentation and the benefits of good documentation practice. Topics covered include SPECTRUM, object entry, accessioning, marking and labelling, cataloguing and indexing, location and movement control, loan and retrospective documentation.
Collections Trust paper-based documentation resources are referred to throughout, but the course is also applicable to computerised systems.
- consider the importance of good documentation practice
- understand the principles and use of SPECTRUM
- understand the principles and practice of good documentation procedures
- consider methods of improving their own documentation procedures
- become familiar with Collections Trust documentation resources
Morning refreshments will be provided but please make your own arrangements for lunch.
This event is fully booked.