Date(s) - 21/10/2013
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Jayne Austin, Collections Manager, Colchester and Ipswich Museums Service
Supports work towards Accreditation standards: 2.3, 2.5, 2.7
Jayne is a veteran of successful and engaging SHARE training.
With this course she provides an introduction to the basic principles of museum documentation and the benefits of good documentation practice. Topics covered include SPECTRUM, object entry, accessioning, marking and labelling, cataloguing and indexing, location and movement control, loan and retrospective documentation.
Collections Trust paper-based documentation resources are referred to throughout, but the course is also applicable to computerised systems.
- consider the importance of good documentation practice
- understand the principles and use of SPECTRUM
- understand the principles and practise of good documentation procedures
- consider methods of improving their own documentation procedures
- become familiar with Collections Trust documentation resources
Morning refreshments will be available but please make your own arrangements for lunch.
This course is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please e-mail email@example.com. This course will run again on 31st January 2014 at The British Schools Museum, Hitchin.
This event is fully booked.