Date(s) - 02/03/2015
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
Trainer: Judith Carruthers (Learning Consultant)
Secondary schools are a notoriously difficult audience for museums to engage with. This day will focus on looking at case studies across the region of successful working with KS3 – KS5 audiences and analyse why they have been successful.
- Explore a range of case studies involving museums of all sizes working successfully with secondary schools
- Have opportunity to meet secondary school practitioners
- Investigate how to develop a successful partnership with secondary schools
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have developed their confidence and skills in working with secondary schools
- Have increased their awareness of the needs of secondary schools
- Started to plan a KS3-5 activity for their museum
This course will take place in the art galleries at Norwich Castle.
Morning refreshments and a sandwich lunch will be provided.
This event is fully booked.