Date(s) - 20/02/2018
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Essex Record Office
Trainer: David Burgess – Director, Apollo Fundraising
This training is for anyone considering using digital fundraising methods to raise money for their museums, including museum managers, trustees, volunteers or staff.
Developments in digital technology have provided exciting new opportunities for fundraisers. It is now easier than ever before to reach out to people and to tell your story in an engaging way. So, with so many platforms and products out there, how do you know which tools are right for you and your organisation?
This one-day session will look at some of the digital channels with the most potential for fundraisers, helping you to understand the different tools available so that you can decide which ones can help support your fundraising strategy.
The workshop will address the following questions:
- What is Digital Fundraising?
- How can you fundraise through your website?
- How can you use social media in fundraising?
- How do you run a successful crowdfunding campaign?
By the end of this workshop, participants will have greater confidence and understanding in:
- Using digital channels to convey your story to potential supporters
- The characteristics of different digital channels, tools and platforms to identify the ones best suited to their organisation
- Planning a digital campaign from start to finish
Refreshments and lunch will be provided. Please tell us if you have any access or dietary needs.
This is a repeat of the session held on 24 January at Ely Museum.