Date(s) - 06/02/2018
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Museum of East Anglian Life
Trainer: Sarah Holmes, freelance photographer
Suitable for: Any museum or organisation with a collection of digital images or who are planning a digitisation project.
This workshop will introduce delegates to the new SHARE Guide to Digitisation resource, and support them with planning their own project. Subjects covered will include:
- What is digitisation?
- Defining digitisation projects
- Identifying the resources necessary to successfully complete a project
- Identifying the best practice guidelines to fit your organisation’s needs as well as the size and type of project
- Identifying the processes necessary to sustain the organisations digital images collection
- Individual action planning for creating and maintaining a digital image collection or for a specific digitisation project
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of what processes managing a digital image collection or digitisation project encompasses.
- Be able to identify current and future issues of digitisation for their organisation
- Be able to identify best practice for their own organisation’s project or collection
- Have started developing an action plan that addresses the current issues and needs for their organisation.
Please note: This workshop is based on the previous Managing Digital Images workshop. The content has been reworked to incorporate the Share Guide to Digitisation resource.
Refreshments will be provided, but please make your own arrangements for lunch.