Date(s) - 09/03/2017
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Ipswich Art School
Trainer – Hannah Jackson (Western Area Manager, Norfolk Museums Service)
This course is for all those involved in developing or delivering museum events, or interested in creating an activity programme.
It will look at:
- Identifying different aims and objectives for running and exploring key audiences, their needs and requirements
- The resourcing of activities and working with freelancers
- Successful event planning logistics and strategies
- Operational and legal requirements of event management
- Engaging evaluation techniques
By the end of the course participants will have explored the diverse reasons why museums run events and will have questioned how to apply this to their site. They will have considered practical planning techniques to ensure success and will have learnt the different legal requirements for event management. Finally, they will explore how to incorporate evaluation into event activities and to apply findings to inform future event planning.
This event is fully booked.