Date(s) - 01/12/2017
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Trainer: Christina Lister (Marketing and Communications Consultant)
This training session will focus on marketing to support venue hire.
After the workshop, delegates will be eligible to apply for a small grant to help implement part of their action plan to develop their venue hire marketing.
It is aimed at representatives from museums who are thinking about hiring out their venue to generate income, or who already hire out their venue but would like to strengthen their marketing or venue hire offer.
The course will focus on practical aspects, and feature case study examples and exercises.
The day will cover:
- Identifying your assets, your offer and Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
- Considering facilities and equipment needs
- Identifying your target audiences and clients
- Deciding what to charge
- Thinking from a hirer’s perspective
- Putting a venue hire pack together
- Promoting your venue hire offer
- A framework and checklist to use.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have improved their understanding of marketing and promotion of venue hire
- Have a framework and checklist to use in marketing and promoting their venue hire offer
- Have developed an action plan with next steps to undertake
- Be more confident in planning, promoting and selling their venue hire opportunities.
This workshop is a repeat of the one offered on 27 November at Peterborough Museum.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please let us know if you have any access or dietary requirements.