Date(s) - 27/10/2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
Philip Attwood (Keeper, Dept. of Coins and Medals, British Museum), Henry Flynn (Money and Medals Network, British Museum), representative/s of the Orders and Medals Research Society (TBC) and Irene Gunstone (Sculptor, Medallist)
This study day, organised by the new SHARE Money & Medals Network in co-operation with the national Money & Medals Network, is ideal for those involved with the care of collections and display and interpretation of medals, both commemorative, art and military.
This session will cover:
- a brief history of medals with Philip Attwood (Keeper, Dept. of Coins and Medals, British Museum)
- The Money and Medals Network: Recent Work and an Introduction to the Storage of Medals and Associated Objects, Henry Flynn (Money and Medals Network, British Museum)
- Further sessions to be confirmed
By the end of the day, participants will have:
- Been introduced to the types of medallic material held in museums
- Handled relevant material
- Learnt about the processes of medal manufacture
- Gained knowledge of best practice for storage
- Been introduced to the work of the Money and Medals Network
Morning refreshments will be provided, but please make your own arrangements for lunch or bring a packed lunch. There is a café on site and shops nearby.
The full programme is available to download below:
This event will be repeated in Spring 2016 in another part of the region, details to be confirmed. For more information, please contact Richard Kelleher at email@example.com.
Please note: Due to the limited number of places available on this course, for the time being we are only able to confirm up to two places per museum. If you would like to request any further places, please do fill in the booking form and leave a note in the “comments” box, and we will be in touch if additional places are available closer to the date.
Bookings are closed for this event.