Date(s) - 17/04/2018
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Fitzwilliam Museum
Trainers: Miranda Rowlands (SHARE Museum Development Project Officer and Accreditation Adviser) and Christine Laverock
This session is for all Museum Mentors and those interested in becoming one.
The session will be a full day, including lunch and the opportunity to network and meet with other mentors from around the region. The day will include:
- An update on the current Accreditation Review
- How this might affect the museum you mentor
- Proposed changes to the mentoring system
- The timeline for implementing changes and the new returns schedule
- A reminder of top tips for key documents
In addition to this, the day will include a training session for mentors in response to previous requests for support with managing time and projects at work.
This session will help delegates to:
- be able to improve your time management techniques
- be able to distinguish between your work tasks which are important, urgent or neither and how to approach them efficiently
- have identified ways in which you currently waste time and how to address this
- understand the key elements of managing a project
- have worked on a schedule and plan for taking an actual project forward
Christine Laverock is an experienced independent trainer and consultant and has been running training courses for a range of organisations since 1980. Her main areas of expertise are: Management, Leadership and Communication.
- advises organisations on training and development needs,
- facilitates staff and management awaydays,
- is a mentor/coach to senior managers
She has a professional training qualification with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, is a member of the ILM who accredit her courses, and is also a member of the Association for Coaching and theEuropean Mentoring and Coaching Council.
Lunch and refreshments provided.