Date(s) - 05/08/2014
9:45 am - 4:00 pm
Moyse's Hall Museum
Trainer: Nick Pearce-Smith, MODES
Please note: this course has been organised by Suffolk’s Museum Development Manager for new museum trainees in the county. Please be aware that as such, the course will be aimed at new starters in the museum sector – or those wanting to refresh their skills and knowledge. The majority of places have already been allocated to trainees, but we are very pleased to be able to offer the remaining few places to the wider SHARE community.
This course will cover the basics of MODES Complete, including basic controls and information sorting, as well as creating and editing records. Below is a programme for the day:
Morning session 1 (10am -11.15am)
- Introduction to Modes Complete – overview of using procedure records and linked data
- Overview of Basic Controls, Views and Tabs. Get familiar with layout and menus.
- Switching between Tabs, selecting different Views, choosing different grids and outputs.
- Exporting / Emailing / Printing records as PDFs
Morning session 2 (11.30am – 12.45)
- Editing records – making changes in the Grid
- Practical Exercise – cataloguing an item
- Creating a new record from Template
- Inserting / Removing elements
- Validation Rules (Object Name, Person syntax and Dates)
- Termlists & Spell Checker
Lunch 12.45 – 13.25
Afternoon Session 1 (13.25-14.40)
- Saving new Templates
- Storing Group elements and Storing Texts.
- Cloning existing records
- Images & Multimedia attachments – including Drag and Drop
Afternoon Session 2 (14.50-16.00)
- Creating Reports, visualisations (eg plotting items on Google Maps) and printing labels
- Marking Records
- Creating subsets
- Text Searching
- Index Searching
- Working with Subsets (Creating, retrieving and saving)
- Editing the Grid and Global updates/editing
- Logging off and Backing up
This event is fully booked.