Date(s) - 29/06/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Fitzwilliam Museum
Tutors: Dr Rory Naismith (Lecturer in Medieval British History, King’s College London), Dr Martin Allen (Senior Assistant Keeper, Dept of Coins and Medals, Fitzwilliam Museum), Dr Barrie Cook (British Museum)
Suitable for: Those involved with the curation, identification, display and interpretation of Medieval and Tudor coins.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to learn how to identify and interpret coins in your museum collections, with expert members of the SHARE Money & Medals network. Areas covered will include:
- Practical experience of handling coins c.600-1602
- Early Medieval coin identification and interpretation
- Later Medieval coin identification and interpretation
- Tudor coin identification and interpretation
By the end of the session delegates will have:
- Been introduced to the types of Medieval and Tudor coins encountered in Britain
- Handled relevant material from the Fitzwilliam Museum’s collection
- Learned how to identify and interpret finds of coins
- Gained knowledge of production and circulation of Medieval and Tudor coins
Refreshments and lunch will be provided. Please let us know about any dietary requirements when booking your place online.
Bookings are closed for this event.