Date(s) - 10/10/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Norwich Castle Study Centre
Led by – Sam Hunt (Ex Director of AIM and Museum Consultant)
This day is for all museums who are looking to review or develop their business plans, and want to kickstart their thinking.
Join a small lively group of people from other museums to share ideas and develop your thinking.
The day will include
- How to involve your staff, volunteers and stakeholders in your visioning and planning
- How to develop your museum as a successful operation.
- The chance to share ideas and start to develop a fresh vision
- How to develop a business plan from your vision
- Case studies of successful processes in other museums
- Available resources, templates, case studies and other sources of help
We strongly recommend that at least two delegates per organisation come along to get the most from this planning and visioning opportunity. e.g. Trustee and Museum Manager/Curator
Museums where two or more people have participated in a session will be eligible for a higher level of grant support to continue their work. After this training day museums will be able to apply for a grant to further their vision and business plan work of up to £800, or £1200 if eligible for the higher level.
Previous participants of similar days with Sam Hunt have said
“Sam clearly had lots of experience & importantly understood the range of museums and their needs”
“Very useful. Gave me a better framework to work within and identified potential sticking points for my museum and possible solutions”
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.