Date(s) - 04/07/2014
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Ipswich Art School
Trainer: Robert Entwistle, Senior Conservation Officer, Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service
Please note: this course has been organised by Suffolk’s Museum Development Manager for new museum trainees in the county. Please be aware that as such, the course will be aimed at new starters in the museum sector – or those wanting to refresh their skills and knowledge. The majority of places have already been allocated to trainees, but we are very pleased to be able to offer the remaining few places to the wider SHARE community.
This course on basic museum object handling and packing will cover:
- Storage methods for different objects
- Materials used for handling and packing, good and bad
- Safe handling and packing of museum objects
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be able to differentiate between good and bad storage materials
- Use different packing techniques
- Understand the importance of good packaging.
This event is fully booked.