Date(s) - 12/10/2017
9:45 am - 3:30 pm
Denny Abbey & Farmland Museum
The new SHARE Museum Managers Network Event.
This event is for paid members of staff who are responsible for most or all areas of running a small or medium sized museum, either as lone professionals or with a small support staff or teams of volunteers.
Trainer – Vanessa Trevelyan (Museum Consultant & Advisor)
- Exercises and techniques to help you deal with your challenges at work
- Exercise and techniques to help build personal resilience
- Meet the members of the MMN
- An opportunity to join the network
By the end of the course participants will:
- Have learnt simple techniques to improve personal resilience
- Be able to make space for creative thought
- Have considered how to deal with stress
- Have explored ways to make change possible
- Understand about the opportunities of joining the network
Delegates will need to complete a ‘stress busting’ exercise before the meeting.
Museum Managers Network – who are we? Many curators manage museums on their own, with only a small support staff or teams of volunteers. The responsibility of forging relationships with governing bodies, gaining or retaining Accreditation, developing audiences, managing volunteers, fundraising and ensuring the safety of visitors can become overwhelming. MMN is a mutually supportive network for those museum managers that will assist them in the management of museums and collections, encourage greater resilience, confidence, and nurture professional development.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.