Date(s) - 20/11/2013
11:30 am - 3:30 pm
West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village
Trainer: Sarah Allen
Join Photographic Materials Conservator, Sarah Allen who will take you through the basic best practice for photographic conservation.
The course will cover:
What are photographs?
- Brief history & description of process
- Method of manufacture/construction
- Factors damaging to photographs
- What is photographic conservation and why do it?
Handling & cleaning photographs
- Methods, materials
Identifying different photographs
- Overview of main photograph types and their conservation issues, with a focus on mid-20th Century processes
Storage of photographic materials
- Primary housing (methods and materials)
- Secondary housing
This course is being delivered as part of Save The 70s, an HLF-funded two-year project which will enable 11 museums and heritage organisations to work with the local community to explore the impact of the 1970s. Priority will therefore be given to the project’s partner museums, but SHARE Museums East are very pleased to be able to offer a limited number of places to the wider museum community.
Bookings are closed for this event.