Date(s) - 06/02/2015
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Trainers: Stuart Hobley (Development Manager, HLF East of England) and Tom Hodgson (Colchester Development Manager, Colchester & Ipswich Museums)
An ideal starting point for any museum with ambitions to develop their offer, this informal seminar will explore the fundamentals of planning and delivering successful museum projects.
Led by two experienced heritage professionals it will take the perspective of both museum and funder, helping you to consider how you can define and implement actions, manage risk and respond to unforeseen change.
- Gain a practical, jargon free understanding of project management
- Examine issues of resourcing, budgeting and the allocation of roles and responsibilities
- Consider the importance and practice of sequential planning
- Develop insights and strategies for how to respond when things do not go to plan
- Feel more confident in managing relationships with stakeholders and funders
Book early as places will be limited.
Tom Hodgson is an experienced museum mentor and a senior manager at Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service, where he has recently overseen major redevelopments
Stuart Hobley is the Regional Development Manager for Heritage Lottery Fund in the East. He has a long and varied experience of the success or otherwise of numerous museum projects
This event is fully booked.