Date(s) - 26/11/2013
11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Bishop's Stortford Museum
Natasha Hutcheson (Regional Museum Development Manager, SHARE Museums East)
Supports work towards Accreditation Standard 2.2.4
Museums make the promise to look after collections in perpetuity, but the reality is often that, in doing so, they are faced with significant challenges. How can we take an active approach to the management of collections so that their future is sustainable?
This course will examine the ethics and practicalities of disposing of museum collections.
- have the opportunity to debate and discuss the issues of rationalisation and disposal
- be introduced to the MA’s Disposals Toolkit
- learn how the toolkit can support effective disposals
- explore how to make the process work in practice
- begin the process of making decisions concerning the rationalisation of their own collections
Morning refreshments will be provided, but please make your own arrangements for lunch.
Bookings are closed for this event.