Date(s) - 19/10/2016
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Gressenhall Farm & Workhouse
Trainers – Jamie Everitt (SHARE Museums East), Wayne Kett (Collections Development Assistant)
Are you planning a review or audit or your collections? Looking to re-home duplicates or reorganise spaces? This session will explore the process of reviewing, rationalising and disposing of museum collections – from theory to reality.
This event is particularly suited to museums interested in applying for a SHARE Collections Review Grant next spring. This is a grants scheme which will launch in April 2017. Applications are welcomed from Accredited museums, and those working towards Accreditation in the East of England.
By the end of the session, delegates will:
- discuss the issues concerning disposal of museum collections and understand the reasons why it is a carefully controlled process, including ethical considerations
- understand the rationalisation and disposal process and how it works in practice
- feel confident in considering alternatives to rationalisation
- develop an understanding of the practical issues faced when rationalising collections.
- understand the huge benefit of implementing rationalisation of collections as part of a wider collections review.
Coffee and tea will be provided but please bring your own lunch.
Booking for this event will go live from 1st September.
Bookings are closed for this event.