Date(s) - 06/10/2014
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts
Trainer: Rosie Evans, Visitor Services, Retail & Hospitality Manager, Sainsbury Centre for Visual Art
Many museums are not confident when it comes to keeping shop stock refreshed and relevant. Experienced SHARE contributor and chair of the SHARE Retail Forum Rosie Evans returns to the calendar this year to give advice and support on planning special ranges. As well as looking at ideas for Christmas and Easter stock, she will also be covering tailoring your retail offer to accompany exhibitions and significant outside events or topics.
The day will include both active discussion and practical exercises in merchandising.
- Feel more confident when making a start with planning seasonal or exhibition retail range
- Learn how to set up a buying calendar
- Understand the importance of knowing your customer and the story you want to tell them
- Examine what is involved in building up the layers of a stock range – from postcards to premium products
- Develop their approach to getting inspiration and ideas for theming their retail offer
- Explore the potential for developing mini-ranges that have relevance with external events
- Consider how to maximise the benefit of your supplier relationships
Refreshments will be provided but please bring a packed lunch or make your own arrangements. There is a café on site.
This event is fully booked.