Date(s) - 22/01/2016
10:45 am - 4:00 pm
Lucy is the Cultural Partnerships Officer for the South East Museum Development Programme. She is an organisational development practitioner with a history of working in the museums and galleries sector. Lucy’s varied career has given her the opportunity to help organisations of all shapes and sizes to achieve their potential and contribute to their communities – large and small, public, private and voluntary. She holds the Institute of Leadership and Management’s Level 7 Diploma in Leadership Mentoring and Executive Coaching. Lucy has mentored in the AMA scheme, for Arts in Business and for Social Ventures Australia and is a former Board member of the West Midlands Coaching and Mentoring Pool.
This one-day session aims to build mentoring and coaching capacity in the museums sector in the East of England region, to support the Changemakers SHARE Leadership Development Programme, the museum Accreditation scheme and other sector initiatives and to provide a skills development for the SHARE Museums East delivery team. It’s open to anyone who is currently mentoring museums in the East of England region or planning to do so.
The session will help you develop the skills and confidence to:
- Develop positive mentoring relationships
- Ensure clarity of expectations with your clients
- Use simple mentoring models to guide your practice
- Use key skills, such as listening, questioning and feedback to be an effective mentor
- Tune in to the emotional undercurrents of your mentoring sessions
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills in your own role back at work
- Work within the appropriate boundaries of your role as a mentor
It will also introduce a simple group work method based on Action Learning.
This one-day facilitated session is preceded by a small amount of online preparation work. Details of this will be sent to you when you book.
|Pre-event||Prereading (links provided on registration)|
|10.45||Arrival, registration, refreshments|
|11.00||Activity applying listening and questioning skills: Who are you?|
|11.15||Introduction to the session|
|11.20||Embedding learning from Who are you? exercise|
|11.30||Knowledge check activity|
|11.45||Questioning, listening, clarifying skills|
|12.15||Feelings and relationships|
|1.00||The delicate art of feedback|
|3.00||Establishing and agreeing client/mentor expectations|
When booking, please use the “Comment” box to answer the following questions:
- What context do you expect to be using your mentoring/coaching skills in? (E.g. in MDO role, AMA scheme, Changemakers, Accreditation scheme…)
- What past experience of mentoring or coaching do you have, if any? (in what schemes or contexts? for how long?)
- What training in mentoring or coaching have you done in the past, if any? (title, date and duration of training)
Please also let us know if you have any dietary or access requirements.
Once your booking is approved, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing important information about the day and details of the pre-reading requirements. Please read this carefully before the session.
Bookings are closed for this event.