Date(s) - 21/11/2017
12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
RAF Air Defence Radar Museum
This 3 hour training session will give you a basic introduction to sensory loss. It will show you how you can make simple changes that will help provide a better experience for visitors to your museum who have sight and/or hearing impairments.
The session will cover :
- Background to sight conditions and causes
- How to safely sight guide a person that has sight loss
- Best practice communication
- Deaf awareness
- Practical demonstration to simulate what it can be like to have a sensory loss
- Introduction to British Sign Language
- How to work with an Interpreter
- Equipment for people with hearing loss
- Dual sensory loss
- How to make a referral to Sensing Change
The training is provided by Lisa Johnson and Tina Winward from Sensing Change, qualified tutors who are specialists in sight and hearing loss.
As this is a Museums Norfolk event priority will be given to delegates from museums in Norfolk. Any spare places will be offered to delegates from outside Norfolk.
There are a maximum of 15 places on the course. Please email Steph to reserve your place.