Date(s) - 11/12/2013
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
This training day looks at the different methods of community engagement that have recently been used by St Albans Museums with ACE funding.
We will critically consider what the methods were meant to achieve, what they actually did achieve, and what the implications are.
Following the training, participants will be able to trial new methods of community engagement in their own practice and evaluate whether they actually realised the desired outcomes.
By the end of this training day participants will:
- feel empowered to critically review their own practice in community engagement
- have considered different methods of community engagement, and their strengths and weaknesses
- have gained confidence in applying evaluation methods to their community engagement projects
- have considered different methods of evaluating impact on participants and on their museum itself
- feel they have gained a better understanding of the concepts of community engagement, target audience, and co-creation/co-production.