Date(s) - 27/11/2014
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Trainers: Miranda Rowlands, SHARED Enterprise Project Officer, and Shirley Collier (Freelance Consultant)
This event is one of several training courses being delivered by SHARED Enterprise, the HLF-funded project running alongside SHARE Museums East to develop business minded museums. Topics covered by this series of courses will include developing friends groups, increasing individual donations and making successful applications to trusts and foundations. View all SHARED Enterprise events here.
This course is aimed at anyone concerned with museum fundraising and relationships with major donors, including trustees, managers and curators. It will give an overview of ways you can increase individual giving to your museum, with more detailed sessions focusing on the areas that need most support, including legacies, philanthropy and online giving. There will be some small grants available in connection with this workshop, so you will have time to start working on your own action plan to increase individual giving, which can then be used to apply for a small grant to help you put your plan into action.
The course will cover:
- Philanthropy – where does it come from?
- Golden rules for all individual giving
- Various types of individual giving
- Legacies and online giving
- Action planning
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Know about different types of individual giving and understand the difference between corporate giving and sponsorship
- Have found out more about ways of increasing individual donations through philanthropy, legacies and online giving
- Understand how to develop a relationship with their audience to encourage donations, through front of house, social media etc.
- Have begun to formulate their own action plan to increase individual giving, which they can use to apply for a small grant from SHARED Enterprise
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.