Date(s) - 17/03/2015
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery
Trainers/Facilitators: Christina Lister (PR and Communications Consultant)
Miranda Rowlands (SHARED Enterprise Project Officer) and others TBC
This event is one of several training courses being delivered by SHARED Enterprise, the HLF-funded project running alongside SHARE Museums East to develop business minded museums. Topics covered by this series of courses will include developing friends groups, increasing individual donations and making successful applications to trusts and foundations. View all SHARED Enterprise events here.
This course is aimed at anyone responsible for marketing and promotion, including managers, trustees, volunteers. It will cover:
- Overview of a range of marketing activities – advertising, press releases, digital marketing, social media
- Recognising strengths, assets and USPs of museums, understanding museums’ social and economic contributions
- The importance of having a clear focus, marketing for a specific purpose – asking for money and support
- Planning a marketing campaign to support a fundraising appeal
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have improved their marketing and promotional skills.
- Recognise the strengths, assets and USPs of their organisation and understand how to raise awareness of them with their audience, potential funders and supporters.
- Feel confident about celebrating their strengths and their successes.
- Understand how to use media (including film and tv) and social media to actively engage people/potential supporters with what they are doing/proposing to do.
- Understand what they have to offer in terms of supporting health and well-being, improving people’s quality of life and contributing to local tourism and the green economy (Museums Change Lives and LEP Agenda).
- Feel more confident about asking for money and support as they feel more confident about their own strengths.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
This event is now fully booked, but we do have a waiting list for places. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please contact Liz Elmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is fully booked.