Date(s) - 20/10/2014
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Higgins Museum & Art Gallery
Miranda Rowlands (SHARED Enterprise Project Officer), Jamie Everitt (Collections Manager, Norfolk Museums Service) and Stephanie Potts (Development Manager, Museums Norfolk)
This event is the first of several training courses being delivered by SHARED Enterprise, the HLF-funded project running alongside SHARE Museums East to develop business minded museums. Topics covered by this series of courses will include developing friends groups, increasing individual donations and making successful applications to trusts and foundations. View all SHARED Enterprise events here.
This course is aimed at anyone concerned with museum fundraising, especially those who are submitting grant applications to trusts and foundation. It will explore what you can get funding for, where you can get it from and how to apply for it, and offer top tips for successful applications.
The course will cover:
- How and where to find trusts and foundations
- Top tips for applications / common pitfalls to avoid
- Case studies / success stories
- Key questions to answer when writing your bid
- How to make your key point stand out
By the end of the course, participants will:
- have learnt how to identify appropriate trusts and foundations and understand how their priorities might match the museum’s.
- have heard stories of success, case studies and examples of good practice
- have found out where to look for information about trusts and foundations that have a particular interest in the collections, geographical area and type of project they are planning.
- be able to begin to develop the project that they hope to secure funding for.
- understand the role of their staff/volunteers, governing board and Friends Group in applying for funding.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.