Date(s) - 07/10/2015
10:30 am - 4:30 pm
Museum of East Anglian Life
Trainers: The Touring Exhibitions Group
This course is not part of the regular SHARE training calendar, and is organised by The Touring Exhibitions Group, the professional group in the UK concerned with all aspects of organising and touring exhibitions. TEG are an independent membership network of galleries, museums, libraries, art and science centres and other organisations committed to exchanging exhibitions as a means of sharing ideas, materials and resources.
Beginning to Tour is aimed at people who want to start producing their own touring exhibitions and provides basic level skills and knowledge for creating and managing touring programmes. The seminar encourages active learning by sharing up to date examples of best practice and creating practical resources. Delivered by trainers with vast experience of working in the sector the seminar is also an opportunity to meet other professionals interested in touring exhibition work.
By the end of the course participants will:
- understand the key stages of producing touring exhibitions
- have basic level skills and knowledge for producing touring exhibitions
- have explored the perspective of exhibition producer and hirer
- have shared up to date examples of best practice
- have met other professionals interested in producing touring exhibitions
SHARE are not taking bookings for this event. Booking is directly through TEG.
The course costs £25 for TEG members, and £35 for non-members.