Date(s) - 22/11/2017
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
A Trustee Muster is a gathering of like-minded Museum Trustees. We aim to support you in your work, by focusing on and sharing what works, as well as addressing some of the more challenging aspects. Whether you are an experienced trustee or new to the role, you will benefit from attending these session. Museum managers and any other staff and volunteers are also very welcome to attend with their trustees.
There will be four Trustee Muster events across the East of England during 2017;
- 28th February (location undecided)
- 20th April (location undecided)
- 2nd October (location undecided)
- 22nd November (location undecided)
The course content will be decided after consultation with museum Trustees, including delegates at the ‘Golden Rules’ workshop on 17 October 2016. The day will include plenty of opportunities for skills-sharing, discussion and networking. It is likely to include resources from the AIM Hallmarks programme and cover some of the following;
- Succession planning and trustee recruitment
- Accreditation standards
- Strengthening the Chair/ CEO relationship
- Case studies from around the region
- Signposting further support
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.