Date(s) - 20/01/2016
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Following a successful launch last year with our first ever Collections Care Conference, we will be returning to Hughes Hall for another day of exciting and informative speakers, workshops and panels.
This year’s theme is “Use Not Abuse”: using our wonderful collections should not be synonymous with “using them up”. We want to be able to enjoy and learn from our material past, but this can conflict with long term preservation. Fortunately your colleagues have some excellent ideas. The second SHARE Collections Care Conference will showcase a variety of examples from our Region, demonstrating that collections use does not have to equal abuse.
- Rachel Hand (University of Cambridge Museum of Archaology and Anthropology)
- Claire Reed and Ciara Phipps (Southend Museums Service)
- Christina Rozeik (The Polar Museum)
- Dan Pemberton (The Sedgwick Museum)
- Tony Tomkins (Leighton Buzzard Railway Museum and The Higgins)
- George Monger (Conservation and Museum Services)
- Gudrun Warren (Norwich Cathedral)
- Chris Calnan (National Trust)
A full programme is available here:
Lunch and all refreshments will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.