Date(s) - 15/06/2017
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Ipswich Transport Museum
This event is all about voluntary volunteer co-ordinators.
It is for all those who:
- are acting as a volunteer co-ordinator in a voluntary capacity
- managers and trustees who manage voluntary volunteer co-ordinators
- museum managers and trustees who are thinking of setting up a voluntary volunteer co-ordinator role.
There will be a free heritage bus service from Ipswich railway station and back.
10.30 Arrival and Coffee
11.00 Welcome and introduction
Activity – exploring the role of the Voluntary Volunteer Co-ordinator
11.15 Roles and responsibilities – issues to think about
Chris Turland, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Ipswich Transport Museum
12.00 Workshops (choose 2 out of 4):
- setting up volunteering systems
- managing relationships – up, down and sideways
- motivating volunteers
- time management – what’s important?
13.30 Buffet lunch
14.30 Round up of volunteering discussions and points to take away
14.40 Networking opportunity/ tour of ITM
Participants are welcome to stay until the museum closes at 5pm.
Ipswich railway station 10.15
Leave museum to return 15.30